Thursday, January 10, 2008

Challenges again!


I LOVE challenges, and there are two great ones to get my creative juices flowing this week.

Thanks for stopping by!

Over at Arty Girlz, the theme is buttons, while at Created by Hand, the theme is frames.

I'm challenging myself to create one joint project for every two challenges I join, so this is my offering for this week. I've been playing...a LOT...with dry and paste embossing for one of my design team projects due tomorrow, so this card sprang out of the ingredients for that project.

Background paper is Rusty Pickle...my favourite music paper! The sentiment stamp and the faint flourishes overstamped on the patterned paper are from the new calligraphy flourish set Suzanne recently completed, over at Quiet Fire Design.

That frame is one from the new pad of K & Co cardstock frames...what a great idea! The frame is pop-dotted onto the card for added dimension. The image was shared with me by another generous blogger, but I can't remember who it was, sorry. (If you're reading this post, THANKS!)

I used Dreamweaver Embossing Paste and an old, loved, favourite Dreamweaver brass stencil. I mixed Folk Art red acrylic paint with glossy white embossing paste, spread it over part of the stencil, then sprinkled Barbara Trombley's Art Institute Glitter (True Red Opaque Ultrafine) over the paste-embossed hearts, then glues on the buttons and the hearts with Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®.

Finally, I outlined layers with Krylon 18Kt gold metallic ink, and added three buttons at the bottom of the card.

The more I look at this card, the more I'm thinking I might have made it too "busy." Would love to read your opinions. :)

14 comments:

Julie Allain said...

I don't think it's too busy at all Deborah....it's gorgeous

I love how you've photographed your card with the items used too.....really gives a feel for how it was made.

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz :) xx

K said...

beautiful card!

Crissi Harvey said...

wow!!! i love it i agree with julie not busy at all and i love your photo to, I still havent tried the embossing paste yet but am loving what you do with it. The semtiment is lovely.

Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at Arty Girlz.

crissi xx

Andrea, said...

This is wonderful

Sandy said...

Wow what for a lovely card. Its so gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

what I really want to do is touch it and feel all the textures... I love this colour pallet... your card rocks!

Penny said...

Not too busy at all, amazingly gorgeous in fact! Nice styling too :)

Lesa said...

Fab card - all the elements fit. Not busy to me either. That image is so fun!

Sunnymommie said...

lovely card!

Art By Wanda said...

gorgeous... totally gorgeous!!

Susan said...

Love all the elements on this card...fantastic image and an awesome job with the heart. Just beautiful.

Anonymous said...

This is So beautiful.. l love everything about it. l've saved it and will try to make one...TFS.

Linda SS said...

One of my pet peeves is that I feel many cards are too cluttered. This one, is NOT! It's perfect and absolutely beautiful...GREAT JOB:)

Paula J Atkinson said...

Fabulous design & not busy or overloaded in any way.


I often create something & think it needs something else & have learnt to walk away for a bit to prevent me piling too much on. Took practise but Im pleased I did!