Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Challenges

This week's Created by Hand challenge is to use the word "Dream" in our art. This week's Crazy Amigo challenge is to use distress/vintage theme. I combined both challenges for this piece. I'm not very comfortable with the distress style, so this was a significant challenge for me. In fact, I was so disappointed with the first card I posted here that I deleted it and created this one when I really ought to have been sleeping (lol). It was sooo bad that I just didn't want to leave it on my blog! The sentiment and flourish stamps for this replacement card are from Quietfire Design. I stippled Tim Holtz distress inks over the base, on SU Very Vanilla cardstock, stamped the flourishes with Tim Holtz ink, the sentiment with Ancient Page Chocolate ink.


Impression Obsession designers challenged ourselves to do a monochromatic colour piece this week, and this week's Arty Girlz challenge is to use shapes.This is my offering. I hope the heart shapes will qualify. This Garden Heart stamp from IO (designed by Leigh Hannan) is one of my very favourites, and I use it often. I gold embossed it, and paired it with gold-embossed foil paper from Penny Black. I added a Cuttlebugged heart and a hat pin with pearls and Swarovski crystals in the centre. Several other IO designers will be posting their monochromatic colour challenges today too, hope you can stop by to see what they've done.

This is a birthday card for my beautiful, brilliant daughter, who's Mum to my four busy grand-boys and a full time master's degree student in a research program, and will be accompanied by this gift,
among assorted other delightful secret girlie goodies.

You can see Daniela's card here
You can see Julie's card here
You can see Laura's card here
You can see Penny's card here

THANKS so much for stopping by my blog today!

34 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

gorgeous card Deborah love the effect of the sponged ink, lovely sentiment.

Thanks for joinng in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi x

Anne said...

You are so great at combining several challenges into one! Lovely card! :-)

Julie Allain said...

WOW This is gorgeous Deborah!!

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz once again

Julie xx

Julie Koerber said...

ooooOOoooo! I love the pink heart! This is just too striking! I can tell you love this stamp too! How many cards have you made with it? And, all equally as lovely!

Heather Robinson said...

Oh Deborah. Both pieces are so delicate and filled with delightful details.

Penny said...

Both are beautiful, so elegant! The heart card is really quite romantic :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous

Daniela Dobson said...

Wow, I love it! The colors are awesome!

Faye said...

Wow, Deborah, you have two wonderful cards here. I really love the butterfly/round one. You did a fantastic job of combining challenges.

krcrafts said...

Very pretty!! Love your IO heart card--I know your daughter will, too!! Thanks for playing :)

Shirley said...

Deborah, I love what you did with the heart! The whole card is wonderful. I have that stamp and I use beads the way you do too! Your card is just wonderful. TFS

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card! Neat to combine challenges and gift giving as well! Multi-tasking :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work! I love the calligraphy expression.

Quietfire said...

Beautiful cards Deborah! Just beautiful. Thanks so much for taking the challenge!

Dawn said...

This is beautiful and that heart is just stunning!
Love them both

Femmy said...

gorgeous card!!!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Really a lovely fabulous great card.

vintage wil said...

this is gorgeous !!!

carolann said...

These are stunning cards hun well done xxxx

Kath Stewart said...

Beautiful card Deborah and great use of the heart shapes
kath
xxxxx

Yogi said...

love the Dream card. Kind of surreal. The heart card is really nice too

Lorraine said...

I love your card with all the different elements and texture on them..thanks very much for your lovely comment about my seashore dreams altered jar

Barbara Hagerty said...

Both cards are truly beautiful! Very lovely!

Peet said...

Gorgeous Deborah!!!!!

Willy said...

Wonderful card, Deborah!

Sue said...

I love this card deborah, in fact i love everything ive seen on your blog. just like your style very elegant.

Allison said...

these are really lovely
AllisonX

Unknown said...

WOW this is so different, I love it! Although I'm sure the 1st card was nothing like as bad as you have made it out to be!
Jx

Lisa Renéa said...

Beautiful. I really need to check out those Quietfire stamps, you truly use them so well!

Bev said...

Exquisite cards! The pink heart is just stunning

Anonymous said...

Both cards are really beautiful Deborah! Adorable!

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card! Love the heart, and the colours are great! Louise x

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Gorgeous cards! I adore Impression Obsession stamps & you make them look stunning! :o)

Vintage Papers said...

this is gorgeous!!!