Friday, October 30, 2009

A "safe" card...

...for my little grandson. I'm in "Grammie trouble!"
I created several Halloween cards to send to each of my four grandsons, and five year old Avery called me last night to say "Gwammie that witch "thweaked" me out, I don't like it."
So he's asked for a snowman to replace it, and this was first on my card agenda for today (lol).

I incorporated these challenges: Wednesday Stamper's chocolate (I used chocolate cardstock); Craft Challenge's don't use backing paper (I used one of the new Impression Obsession background stamps instead); One Powerful Hour's orange (carrot nose); Friday's alphabet challenge is "C" for circles.

I chalk-coloured and pop dotted parts of the Inkadinkado snowman stamp, used a Nesties border and some ribbon...and voila! My "safe card" for my grandson, which will go in today's post along with a new hat and scarf and mittens. Hope I've redeemed myself!


This card, with an Impression Obsession sentiment stamp, and a Judikins background stamp, is for the SPCC Finally Friday colour challenge:

10 comments:

Linda said...

Awww what a cute snowman card Deborah, many thanks for joining in the C is for circles week on the Alphabet challenge :)

thescrapmaster said...

Both of your cards are very beautiful. Thanks so much for playing at SPCC.
Hugs,
Samantha
SPCC Creator

nise said...

Too Sweet! Hope that the snowman is a more welcome addition to Avery's world. Also liked the stairstep card from the last post. Wonderful colors and creativity. Best Witches for a very Happy Halloween.

Anonymous said...

Both cards are gorgeous

Lesley said...

Awww bless your grandson lol! The snowman card is lovely, thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

froebelsternchen said...

gorgeous cards!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Lovely cards!!! Everything sounds better in chocolate...even paper ;)

made by fifi said...

i'm in love with that snowman - thank you for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Donnas Den said...

Lovely Card. Good luck With the Charisma Cards challenge.

Donna

Vee said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week
xx Vee