Sunday, December 26, 2010

" 'Twas the day after Christmas...

...and all through the place, "those cards" gave way gave way to ribbons and lace!"

I've always loved Christmas, but I'm happy to work on other occasion cards now.

This first one is a Happy New Year card for a dear friend of mine who's embarking on some life changing plans for 2011. I used this beautiful Art Journey Inchies stamp plate as the base, and added a couple inchies from Zorana's fabulous Etsy Shop (wings for FLYING!), and a couple of tiny scraps, one from wrapping paper and one from from my scrap box from a previous project. The sentiment stamp is also from the same Art Journey plate. This card was created to meet these challenges:

Art Journey challenge # 4: Christmas/New Year
Art Cards: Recycle your wrapping paper (top left punched circle)
Design Dollies: Layers and Layers
Alphabet Challenge: H is for Hats
I Did it Creations: Out with the old



This next card is for a friend who has a Christmas birthday. I used the Happy Birthday Dreamweaver stencil with glitter-covered Dreamweaver White Glossy Embossing Paste or the sentiment, and the card meets these challenges:

One Powerful Hour: Upcycle (I used this Nesties snowflake from a previous Christmas project)
Top Tip Challenge # 15: Get Embellishing
Think Ink Challenge # 34: Use punches and/or dies
Creative Card Crew: Christmas birthdays
Stampalicious: repurpose something

To adhere the Art Institute Glass Shards, I used Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate™) from a small plastic squeeze bottle with a #9 Squeeze Bottle Tip.


This card is for a friend's birthday too. This was fun to do, and such a different style for me. There's a coffee gift card in the inside pocket. I used four Impression Obsession stamps (the striped right design (cover-a-card stamp series, stamped vertically) both sentiments and the coffee cup) and a Hero Arts butterfly stamp. I created a mask with a piece 0f paper stamped with the butterfly stamp, then cut out, then I stamped the striped pattern over that. I used my stamp positioner, then stamped the front of the card with a half butterfly. Using Tulip ® Fashion Glitter Bond (iLoveToCreate™), I painted some of the butterly wings, then sprinkled Tulip ® Fashion Glitter (clear) over the adhesive.


This is for the Pile it On Challenge: It's all in the wrapping (gifts, gift cards, etc)


This final card is hand stitched and beaded, done to celebrate the early retirement of a friend, whose passion for the guitar will serve him well! I used three yellow Tulip® Glam it Up™ Iron On Crystals,™ glued on with Aleene's® Paper Glaze™, both by iLovetoCreate.™


Thanks SO MUCH for stopping by again! I sure appreciate it when you do.

14 comments:

cardsister said...

Your work is so beautiful! All are so lovely, but especially liked the guitar! Enjoy visiting your blog. :)

Willy said...

Wonderful artwork! Thanks for joining us at Art Journey Challenge # 4.

Lora said...

All your cards are great!
Thanks for joining in with my pearls and lace challenge at Charisma Cardz.
Lora x

Faye said...

Your cards are so gorgeous, Deborah. I love the way you used the inchies stamp to recycle your gift wrapping. The stamps you used are fab.

Yogi said...

wow that's a really nice guitar card.

Unknown said...

Just stopped by to admire your beautiful cards, Love them all.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeopus creations!
Thanks for joining us at SFTW
Yvonne x

Suzanne C said...

All are gorgeous! So beautiful! Love the inchie card especially because of all the different images.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I love all of these cards Deborah...I am especially amazed by your beaded creations...Gorgeous!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

I am so amazed by all of your cards Deborah. Am especially impressed with those beautiful beaded creations....Gorgeous!

Allison said...

lovely work
Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week
AllisonX

1CardCreator said...

You have been so busy, these are all so lovely! Happy New year! ~Diane

Denise @ kc242 said...

What an adorable birthday card. Thanks so much for joining us at the creative card crew!
Denise
CCC-DT

Merry said...

As always Deborah your cards are stunning. Wishing you a terrific 2011. Love the butterfly card.