Thursday, January 13, 2011

Dreamin...'

Oh-oh-oh! I'm late posting today! Had a fun sleep-over out of town with some great friends last night, didn't get home till late this afternoon. Retirement is GREAT!! (lol)

Today's Dream Team challenge is to use this sketch:


I created this card with this pretty Dreamweaver stencil (LL399), called an "antler snowflake." I paste embossed it on white cardstock with glossy white embossing paste, let it dry, then repositioned the stencil, used the Palette Glue Pad to pounce adhesive over the paste, then sprinkled Navajo Sky Metallic FX over the paste embossed image. I used the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder for the top of the card, and an Amuse rubber stamp. I use Tulip® Glam it Up™ Iron On Crystals™ , glued on with Aleene's® Paper Glaze™, both by iLovetoCreate™.


I hope you'll have time to see the other wonderful creations on the Dream Team's blogs. The talent on this design team is truly AMAZING, and I learn so MUCH from them! Check out the links on my right hand sidebar.

On to something else...I was excited today to see one of my cards published in the newest issue of Scrap and Stamp. It's this one, once again with Art Journey stamps, paired with a computer generated sentiment.


Isn't this just a FABULOUS stamp!?

Now, on my last post, I asked readers to guess which design team I've been invited to join, and almost everybody guessed correctly (lol). It's ART JOURNEY, and I am just tickled pink. THANK YOU Louise! I'm in the company of some of the most incredibly talented stamp artists, using stamps which (until recently) have been way outside my own design box. But I've been enjoying them SO MUCH, and they force me to think about creating cards very differently from my usual style. Sooo...I did the random.org thing, but I can't remember how to copy/save/post the picture of the generated number. The number that came up is 23. That's "Kristin," who said:

Anonymous Kristin said...

Hmmmm I am guessing Art Journey:)

From a blog lurker who loves your style and your cards

January 12, 2011 3:16 PM

Thanks Kristin! I have no link to you, so I hope you contact me within the next 48 hours to claim your grab bag. I I don't hear from Kristin, I'll random.org draw another name.

Thanks everyone, for visiting I'll come by your place too, as long as I have a link. ;) Wishing you a day of happiness, doing what you love best!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

love the dreamweaver as usual!

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Hey ...you are my hero Deborah...looking forward to retirement, and thanks for showing us how it is to be done! LOL! Love your card...the soft color of blue too and I like the fact that it is a friendship card as well.

Merry said...

Lots of congratulations sent your way Deborah....well done on getting published. Beautiful cards.

georgia Sommers said...

Deborah I love your dreamweaver card, that antler snowflake is one of my favorites. The color is so soft and beautiful. I also really like the other card it is really nice I love the white and black.

Lee Kellogg said...

Love the card, it's so crisp! Congrats on the new team membership -- you will have fun with the stamps!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Congratulations Deborah! Your cards are always gorgeous, no matter whose stamps you use. I know you'll be an asset to Art Journey's team. Happy New Year! (PS love the beaded guitar!!)

Isabelle Norris said...

Congratulations!! that's fantastic news!!
isa xx