Sunday, August 26, 2007

Loving Challenges...

I'm using this card for TWO great challenges: a fun one day Caardvarks challenge to use beads on a card front, and a Wednesday Stamper Challenge , to use stitching to create art.

For this 6 X 6" card, I used a Marianne Design brass template, embossed with a light box on pearlescent cardstock, then stitched and added seed beads. Then I cut a circle out of the centre with my Creative Memories Circle Cutter (BEST system on the market!) , and inserted this little girl, which is a Stampsmith stamp on glossy cardstock, stamped with Ancient Page black ink. Other cards and things can be seen on my blog here. THANK YOU for dropping by!

16 comments:

carmel said...

wow - what beautiful work - you are very patient re the beads! LOL love it. Cheers, Carmel x

Anonymous said...

WOW looks gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

very elegant and just gorgeous! glad you participated.

Anonymous said...

wow ! that is amazing ! so much work on there !

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card!

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Absolutely beautiful. I wish I could think of more words to describe how MUCH I enjoy your work!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my. That CM cutting system must be wonderful for you to have used it to cut a hole after doing all that wonderful artwork on this card. Fabulous! TFS. Daria

Dymphie said...

Deborah, this is totally adorable!

Susan said...

So elegant...so charming...so incredibly GLORIOUS! The use of white cardstock is just utterly brilliant. Bowing to your genius.

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful embossing, cutest picture, lovely stitching!
Conniecrafter

Galina Varese said...

So neat and pretty! It is so fresh and vintage looking at the same time.

Penny said...

This is so pretty!

Lisa Renéa said...

wow! fabulous card!!

Anne Marie said...

Wow, Deborah, I just came over to see your card after posting my own card on Caardvarks, and this is the most amaazing card I've ever seen! How long did it take you? OMG, I still can't get over how gorgeous this is ... I hope YOU win the challenge!!

lauren bergold said...

this is just absolutely GLORIOUS! i'm awestruck, seriously, it's unbelievably elegant!

Lesley Langdon said...

Oh my goodness! That looks magnificent, and it really looks like so much work went into it! Just beautiful!