Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-challenges!

Dreamweaver's "Dream Team" are hosting a free theme challenge today. Here's my card:


I used my light box and this beautiful Celtic stencil on gold coloured foil, along with the Thinking of You stencil (done with Dreamweaver's gold embossing paste ).

I'm always SO amazed by the diversity of creativity by the members of the Dreamweaver team! I hope you can take the time to visit their blogs...see my sidebar for direct links.

"Simon Says" challenge is to make your own embellishment...I did the foiled stencil.

The Etsy Inspired challenge profiles a delightful shop this week....the "Glow Girl." I used this coupon organizer for inspiration.

Our Creative Corner challenges us to "cut it out," so after I embossed the Celtic stencil, I cut closely along the design lines and mounted it on my card with dimensional foam.

The Impression Obsession challenge for this week is "It's a cupcake kind of day." If you'd like to participate for the opportunity to win twenty-five stampin' dollars for the IO store, you have till 9 pm Friday night...check here for details. Take some time to stop by to see the delightful creations there, and see what the design team has done too. Their blogs are listed on the right hand sidebar.

The Wee Memories challenge this week is paper piecing, which I used on my cupcake. After stamping the cupcake base, I Cuttlebug-dry-embossed it, and paper-pieced it as shown, popping up the cupcake top with dimensional foam dots.

Here's my card for the challenge.


Stamps: All Impression Obsession: sentiment from the Cupcakes clear set; Cover-A-Card Flourishes and Screen with IO Mega Mount

Inks: Top Boss Tinted Embossing Pad, Top Boss Gold Embossing Powder, Ancient Page Chocolate Brown Ink.

THANK YOU for taking the time to stop by today. I wish you a delightful day, doing whatever brings you pleasure.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

just beautiful

Jacquel said...

Love your card! Thanks for playing along with Etsy this week!!!

Marijane said...

Both cards are just lovely. The first is really striking and could be used for females or males alike!

sommrstamping said...

Deborah...I love the card with the celtic stencil. The color scheme of black and gold is really elegant.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Deborah...love the crisp graphic look of the celtic knot on the metal foil material. That is really cool. Then the contrasting colors you used for the background and border are wonderful with it!

Liz Martin said...

Embossing on foil lends an elegant touch and your card is beautiful, Deborah. I'm still impressed by the number of challenges you complete each week. I've got to get it in gear!

Kristi said...

LOVE IT!!! Fab work girl! and I am KNOT kidding... sorry, had to!

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the dark blue and gold with the celtic stencils. So rich and elegant! Your cupcake card is just tooooooo cute!

Louise said...

Very pretty! Black and gold is one of my favorite combos, it is always striking.

Shirley said...

A really clever cupcake at that!!

Wendy J. said...

Wow, love all your embossing, Deborah. These are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Vintage Rose said...

Just found your blog. Your creations are just absolutely beautiful. Thank you.

Ruby said...

Lovely! I haven't used my light box in years! I love your second card too, that cupcake looks great in those colours. Thanks for playing along with us over at Etsy this week!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Hey there! Beautiful job with the embossing and cutting! Thanks for playing along with us at OCC!

Wendy said...

Oh Deborah!!! You are fabulous!!! I love all of your creation and I equally get excited when I see you name in my magazines!! Keep your head up girl!!!

Rebecca Ednie said...

wow, that celtic card is so beautiful and unusual! Thanks for playing with the OCC.

Kathy said...

Wow you have a lot going on with your challenges! Beautiful cards and the cupcake is my favorite though. So creative! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Challenge. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and creative cards!