Thursday, February 3, 2011

Warm thoughts on a COLD Nova Scotia day!


This week's Dream Team challenge is a free theme, as is the Sisterhood challenge. I created this card with the Lace Border stencil (LG 727), stencilled on black cardstock with translucent embossing paste. I cut closely around the border, and popped it up with dimensional foam strips. The stamp is one of a Hero Arts set.

Other challenges for this card are:
Our Creative Corner (3-d with a Valentine's theme)
Three Muses (black and white)

The current Impression Obsession challenge is spring and flowers. Given our current HUGE snowstorm in Nova Scotia, it was fun working on something other than WHITE! (lol) I've used this stamp from Gary Robertson, coloured with distress inks, paired with this thinking of you sentiment stamp. I used FlowerSoft in the window box as well.

Hope you can take some time to visit the designers' blogs for Dreamweaver and Impression Obsession! You'll see all the links in the right sidebar.

Thanks so much for visiting today! Wishing you a creative one!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cards! Stay warm!

Georgia Sommers said...

Deborah...I love both of the cards. they are as usual very beautiful. Spring has come early here in California along with the pollen. Stay warm up there in Nova Scotia.

Wendy said...

Hey Deborah!! This is a beauty!! I love that stencil. I saw Rebecca do a letterpress tutorial with it and I fell in love with that little one. I hope you are well!! Take care!

Taluula said...

Your black and white piece for the Three Muses is beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing and also for sharing how you made it.

Liz Martin said...

I love what you did with the lace border stencil, Deborah. I'm definitely going to add it to my wish list.

Pam Hornschu said...

Love the subtle effect using the translucent paste with that lacy stencil!

Kristi said...

very nice..love the black...oooooooooo ahhhhhhhhhh

Louise said...

Beautiful cards Deborah. I really like the black on black look the translucent paste gives.

Shirley said...

Lovely!! That stamp is one of your favorites I think! Soft and warm. It's very cold here. Ha!

Kathy Vogel said...

I love how you did the window box card. It is so pretty.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Deborah, the Dreamweaver DT missed you at CHA...loving your cards today though. Nice that we can communicate regularly in this way...by seeing the beauty of your creations! I too love the translucent paste on the black.
L

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific artwork!

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I like the look of the black and white with red, and the embossing paste really makes a cool effect! Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

Sarah Gough said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing at Our Creative Corner this week!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, beautiful coloring for the IO window box stamp! What a great card!

Katie

Rika said...

Beautiful cards!

Barbara said...

I love, love, love the flowers in the windowbox! So beautiful and springy!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Very nice work. The embossing on the black one really makes a great visual impact. We are so happy you joined in our 3-D challenge this week at Our Creative Corner.

Rebecca Ednie said...

The embossing is so elegant. Such a pretty card. Thanks for playing the OCC this week. Be sure to join us again soon.

Micki said...

Wow, both of these cards are simply gorgeous. Just beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.