Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Anniversary Card

This is a card for my husband Dennis, who is NOT a "frilly" sort of fellow (are ANY of our husbands? lol), so it's always a challenge to create a more masculine card for him. I liked that the Created by Hand challenge this week is to use only black, grey and and white. I made this card with one of my favourite and often-used Quietfire Design stamps. I embossed a strip of metal with Ten Seconds Studio tools, and painted it with black Alcohol Ink, then sanded it lightly for a little distressing, then added a couple of square Swarovski crystals to the stamped piece, which was cut with Spellbinders Nestabilities dies.


Thanks for visiting today, and Happy Anniversary to my guy!

5 comments:

K said...

beautiful card!

Sandy said...

Wow this is really elegant.
Gorgeous card.

Femmy said...

beautiful card!!!

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Love your embossed metal > I love embossing metal I usually fill the back in with Silicon glue to support it if its a card I am going to post works really well

Kyla Nicole said...

This is a really beautiful card. Simply & elegant =]