Sunday, March 15, 2009

Art Creations

I'm away from home for a month, visiting my BUSY grandboys, and away from all my paper and stamping supplies, so I've decided to try some of my favourite challenges digitally.


The new Art Creations challenge is to use this beautiful image. I matched it digitally with a background previously created by Will and posted at Art Creations last month.The other digital elements were designed by Irene Alexeeva. The font is Waterbrush by Rob Leutschke. She's so wistful in this image. I've decided it's because she and her love, who live in Ireland, have to part. If you listen to this beautiful song by our own Nova Scotia's Rankin Family, called "Fare Thee Well Love," you'll hear why...just click on the pink title and turn on your volume. For those unfamiliar with their music, this song was recorded by a group of five siblings (three sisters and two brothers) in 1992: John, Jimmy, Raylene, Cookie, and Heather. They live in Cape Breton Nova Scotia, sing and record Celtic music together, in honour of their heritage. Several years ago, John was killed in a winter traffic accident in the highlands of Cape Breton, while he was driving his son to a hockey game. The other four siblings have since reunited musically. Fare Thee Well Love is one of their most beloved songs. If you take the time to listen to it, you'll hear why.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.

15 comments:

Yvonne said...

Ohhhh, this is beautiful!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Great job!

Isabelle Norris said...

This is stunning !! wow!
isax

indybev said...

I hope you do digital more often. THis is exquisite! Love how you stayed true to the colors. AND, I took the time to listen to "Fare Thee Well". It's lovely as well. Thank you for sharing.

Baukje said...

Deborah, I love this it's so beautiful, and I listened to the lovely song which gave me goosebumps.

Baukje

Amy said...

I love how you framed her..she's very lovely!

Faye said...

What a great digital piece. It's really beautiful, Deborah.

Ozstuff said...

Great minds think alike!! I chose Wil's background for my Art Creations image this week. Yours is beautiful - and I loved your story and song.

Thea said...

Beautiful song and layout Deborah! Enjoy your visit with your grandsons!

azLizJane said...

Everything about this card is gorgeous and soooo dreamy.

Liz

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card

Shirley said...

She is beautiful and the card is gorgeous. Love that laceat the top too.

vintage wil said...

Gorgeous card !!!

Stacy said...

I'm impressed by your digital work. I'm still learning so mine usually does not look finished until I embellish using tactile elements but this is a lovely completion!

Penny said...

So clever! I love the romance of your card. Beautiful song too. Actually I clicked on the song before I read what you had written and thought straight away that they were Irish.

I hope you are having a fantastic time with the family!