Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Colourful vintage blobs and other things...


The challenge today over at Crazy Amigo is to do colourful vintage, and the challenge over at Created by Hand this morning is to create art with blobs and splatters. Okay, do you have ANY idea how LONG it took me to do these "background blobs!?" I guess I need to practise blobbing (lol). I guess that's what challenges are all about...trying new things! I blobbed here with Ecoline Watercolour Inks (#'s 390 and 656) on Ranger Mini-Misted Arches watercolour paper. I stamped the Quietfire Design sentiment in Versafine black pigment ink. The background printed paper is Overton House from EK Success.

Since the colour schemes are similar, I decided to post haveboth these cards in the same post. The Timeless Tuesday challenge is to use a sketch provided by Cindy, the challenge host. This is the card I created with her sketch. I used this stamp from Crafty Individuals, and the beautiful damask background from Flourishes as an accent strip. The gorgeous flower from Prima was part of a birthday gift from a sweet stamping friend.


Okay, so now I've decided to post all the cards I do during the day in the one post...hope that's ok! This one's for a challenge on another board I visit (Stamp Shack). This last card for today was for a challenge on Stamp Shack, which was to create a one layer stamped card. I created a mask with a Nesties Labels 1 die, then used three colours distress ink to fill in the centre. The stamps are all from Crafty Individuals. I outlined the edge with Krylon 18 Kt Gold Leafing ink.



Thanks so much for taking the time to visit my "colourful vintage blobs" and other things today.

9 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

Two beauties Deborah!! I love the earthy colors of both of them!

Rika said...

Pretty vintage cards!

Sandy said...

Wow both are gorgeous. Wonderful cards. Love them.

Anonymous said...

Deborah, your cards are outstanding. I know what you mean by blobbing taking a bit of effort and time. I was surprised too.

Love the background colors for your gorgeous card.
Faye

Anonymous said...

Lovely! Such elegant cards...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful artwork.

Suzanne C said...

These are all gorgeous! I especially love the masked area and the tree stamped with butterflies!

Lynn Stevens said...

You have been a buzy girl, wonderful work!

Amy said...

I like that quote alot!