Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday Stamper


The current Wednesday Stamper challenge is "take a ride." This is my interpretation...my Christmas cards will be taking a ride all around the world, starting in a mailbox! (lol) Hope this isn't too abstract an interpretation to meet the challenge. This is my first Christmas card of '09; I'm determined to be ready this year, and not feel pressured to produce cards quickly when the holidays roll around.

I used a vintage mailbox image, altered it in Photoshop, to add our Nova Scotia flag and "Nova Scotia Post," added some Flowersoft around the holly and some textural paste and glitter for the snow, stamped and white embossed the All Night Media "Wish you were here" postal cancellation, and added a hand stitched panel to complete the card.

Thanks so much for visiting today!

14 comments:

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Very clever take on the theme Deborah, Love that mailbox and all of your special touches!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic, so pretty and cheery, and what a great idea!!!!!

http://truutske.blogspot.com said...

Whow Deborah, I love your littl abstract creation. It's very original.

Sandy said...

Wow this is fantastic.
Really gorgeous card.

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Oh I love this card! Everything about it. Your beautiful handwork and that wonderful mailbox. Fantastic!

Anne said...

Hi Deborah! Pretty card. Very cheerful! Good luck getting ahead! :-)

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Terrific take on the theme...excellent card!

Anonymous said...

Totally delightful, Deborah! I am so impressed that you've started your cards. This is so beautiful.
Faye

Amy said...

pretty!!

Paula J Atkinson said...

Great original design

Mary said...

How cute! Makes me think of how much I really do love the Christmas season!

Bastelkueken`s Kreative Welt aus Alsdorf said...

This is fantastic and clever... fantastic idea and wonderful design

Betty said...

Wow!! Have spent some time going thru some of your posts. I am so in awe of your talent for making such beautiful and unique cards. Going back to browse some more,just wanted to let you know I loved them.

Maggie Ann said...

How nice and cheery!