Friday, December 14, 2007

Christmas...are you ready?

Well, I have eight family members coming from Canadian points west and the UK next Friday. I have no Christmas baking or decorating done, no handmade Christmas cards mailed, and here I sit in my happy room, completely denying the reality of my immediate future. Oh well, denial as a defence mechanism is highly underrated. So here's how I'm playing!




Hand stitching, beading on pink pearlized cardstock, Just Johanna scallop and sentiment stamped on Bazill grey cardstock, holes punched out around the scallop. "Peace" coloured with Tombow marker. Scallop pop-dotted for dimension. Background pearlized paper is from the Paper House. As usual, my favourite crafting adhesive, Aleene's® Original Tacky Glue®, was used for almost everything here.

I'm enjoying combining "whimsical" with "elegant;" sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. :)











JJ Flora Hugabundous heat embossed on pink bazzill, JJ border stqamp partially coloured with a white gel pen, sentiment stamp partially coloured with Prismacolour marker. I used lots of Tulip Fashion Bead Paint blobs here too.
















JJ sentiment and music stamps, Marvy Uchida Scallop Punch, Tulip Fashon Bead paint blobs in pink.











This is a pop-up "spring" card. I used the Just Johanna Christmas pudding stamp, coloured, Stickled, and paper pieced in three layers, and the JJ "Be Merry" stamp.












This one uses the JJ cupcake, painted (with Twinkling H2O's) and Stickled, a couple of JJ paisley hearts, and a JJ sentiment.

11 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

spectacular!

emilia in Taiwan said...

it is clearly that your combination of "whimsical" with "elegant works very well! super cute!

Jacqueline said...

I love your mix and matches - it's something I love to do myself. The cards are beautiful!

Godelieve said...

It's great to see your own style showing up on justjohanna cards. They look absolutley stunning!

Vintage Papers said...

so pretty! love them all!

Rina said...

Wow!!
You made so many wonderful cards!!
I love them all:)

K Hutchinson said...

They are all stunning!

Anonymous said...

All your cards are so elegant.

Lisa Renéa said...

Fabulous creations!!

Lesa said...

Great cards and attention to detail. Am loving the last one for the yummy sentiment and hearts sunk into the frosting!

Eleanor said...

Great cards!