Friday, May 15, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MITRA!!

Mitra Friant is the owner of Impression Obsession stamps, and today is her birthday. I'm so very lucky to be able to design for this generous lady with her beautiful line of stamps. I wanted to create something elegant for her, and this is the result. I stamped my favourite Impression Obsession swirl background stamp on vellum, gold embossed it, then set it behind a Nesties frame. I stamped this Impression Obsession sentiment on a transparency, black embossed it, then put the card together with some pearls, a paper flower, and some of my precious hoarded British Columbia coral beads. ;)

Please do visit the blogs of alll the other Impression Obsession designers to see their treasures for "our boss." You'll find direct links on my sidebar.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MITRA!!



13 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

What a lovely Birthday Card! Love your use of the Nesti frame and also the colors you've used. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous!

Mitra said...

Thanks so much Deborah!!! What a nice surprise!

denise g. said...

WOW! I hopped over from Julie K's and am I ever impressed with your stuff! That hand sewn sympathy card is stunning, as is the graduate and Mitra's birthday card. Will stop back by again as I love the Quietfire stamps, too. Thanks for sharing.

Anne said...

Hi, Deborah! Lovely birthday card! :-)

krcrafts said...

What an elegant birthday card! Pretty!!

Julie Koerber said...

Very pretty and yes, indeed, ELEGANT!!! WOW!

Shirley said...

Now that is just drop dead gorgeous!!! Lovely, Lovely, Lovely and oh so elegant too!

Shirley said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that your die cut layout designs are wonderful too!

Laura said...

Love all the embelishments. It came together so well!

Suzanne C said...

Wowzer! Gorgeous card! Love all the elegant touches! Really Lovely!

Sandy said...

Such beautiful details! Wow....

Jenny Gropp said...

Oh Wow, this is fantastic -- I love all those dangling embellishments!!!

Anonymous said...

Your cards are beautiful Mitra.
Sylvia