Sunday, January 9, 2011

Challenges...and some exciting news...

The current "Art Cards" challenge is wrinkles; the "Secret Crafters" challenge # 116 is to use tons of texture; the "Our Creative Corner" challenge is a photo depicting birds, berries, etc. For this card, I crumpled up a sheet from a catalogue, straightened it out, glued it onto cardstock, then painted it with white Gesso and Sparkle Mod Podge. I stamped the Art Journey images onto acetate with Staz On Black Ink, and layered that over the wrinkled sheet. Then I put rub-on branches and berries onto three areas of the acetate. Then I pop-dotted two coloured and glittered Hero Arts butterflies as shown. To glitter the butterflies, I used Tulip ® Fashion Glitter Bond (iLoveToCreate™) to paint some of the design on the wings, then sprinkled Tulip ® Fashion Glitters over the adhesive. Overspray with Krylon Matte Finish Spray.




The challenge for Inkurable Stampers is birthday with some gold." The Etsy Inspired challenge is to check out this Etsy Shop, called "La Pomme," for inspiration. What a deLIGHTful shop! I used this photo from La Pomme for inspiration. I used an Art Journey sentiment stamp, stamped with Ancient Page grey ink, and an Art Journey dancer stamp, stamped with Versafine Coal Black ink, layered over gold mirri cardstock. The white embossed lace doily stamp is from Hero Arts. I used Tulip® Glam it Up™ Iron On Crystals™ on the following cards, glued on with Aleene's® Paper Glaze™, both by iLovetoCreate™.

The current "Alphabet Challenge" is journey; the current "Postcard Art" challenge is to depict hobbies or past-times. My guys' past-time is walking...long, luxurious, chatty walks with good friends. How often do we take the time to do that!? Both the image and the sentiment stamps are from Art Journey. I glue the layers on my cards with Aleene’s® Crystal Clear Tacky Spray™ (iLoveToCreate™).

My last card for today is for Card Patterns Sketch # 97. I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder for the black background, and this beautiful rose stamp from Art Journey, paired with a white embossed Hero Arts sentiment stamp. I chalked the rose in a colour to match the May Arts hearts ribbon. To adhere the heart ribbon, I use Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue (iLoveToCreate™) from a small plastic squeeze bottle with a #9 Squeeze Bottle Tip, which is just great for fine applications of glue.


So, you've seen all the cards for the challenges today...now on to my happy news! All these cards have one element in common. Can you guess what it is? It's so EASY! (lol)

My happy HAPPY news is to announce that I've been invited to be part of a particular design team, and I'm just SOOOO excited!! I have a full-to-bursting envelope of card creating supplies on offer or someone who identifies the design team. (Hint: the manufacturer...and the design team...are both outside of North America, and fi you scroll through my blog, you'll see several fairly recent posts using their product.) I'll choose a winner through random.org. Ummm...not open to members of this particular design team, of course...

Thanks so much (again) for stopping by my blog. I'll visit you too, if I have a link! I wish you a delightful week, doing whatever you enjoy the most.

34 comments:

Lin said...

Congratulations! All lovely cards....my guess is Art Journey!

Mrs A. said...

What beautiful butterflies on your card and you would never guess the card started out as a magazine page.

craftymom205 said...

I am guessing Art Journey. Great cards.

Kim said...

I would guess it is Art Journey! Congratulations Deborah!

Janice said...

I stopped by your blog from the etsy inspired challenge and WOW!! Your work is stunning and I loved viewing your posts. Love your rose card-just stunning.
You have introduced me to a new company I wasn't aware of and now I am off to shop! Thanks for the chance :)
oh- my guess is Art Journey.

Jacquel said...

Great cards! Thanks for playing with EIC this week!!!!

MORMOR said...

Lucky me! I found you by way of Dreamweavers, and am very happy I did. All of your card on this post are stunning, but I am particularly in love with the butterfly card. Wow!!
I am pretty certain Art Journey is the answer. I just checked them out, truly beautiful stamps. One more place for me to spend.
Thank you for sharing your art.

Ruby said...

Your cards are lovely!! Thanks for playing along with us at EIC this week! Congratulations on your news, I'm guessing it's Art Journey?!

Angi Barrs said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing with us at Etsy Inspired. :)

Diamantin said...

Nice cards. Thank you for playing by ACC.

Hugs Anett

Far North said...

Oh my I have watched your beautiful work recently including more Art Journey stamps. You are so sneeky!! What another wonderful company to include you on their design team...I think you work with some terrificly smart business women!
Congratulations Deborah!

Willy said...

Wonderful butterfly card, Deborah!

1CardCreator said...

I think we all agree it is Art Journey, if it isn't they better hire you quick, lol. That first card is totally awesome! I love to work with acetate and what you did with it is amazing! Good luck on the new DT. ~Diane

Saskia said...

Awesome cards!

de said...

Love your vintage tablecloth inspired card! Beautiful!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Yogi said...

At first I thought it might be Hero Arts, but since they're located in the US I guess that's not it, so it must be Art Journey.

Congrats to wherever it is.

PS Love what you did with the Butterfly card. Gorgeous.

featheredheaven said...

Hi Deborah! It's been awhile, but I just found your Blog again! What exciting news for you....Congrats! Beautiful cards, as always!
I would have to say....Art journey???
Thanks for sharing!
Sue O

Rika said...

Beautiful cards Deborah!

Claudia said...

Wonderful cards!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful cards! Congrats on your new position!

dining room tables said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hella said...

Beautiful cards.

Kristin said...

Hmmmm I am guessing Art Journey:)

From a blog lurker who loves your style and your cards

SherylH said...

My guess would be Art Journey. Congratulations! I have really been enjoying your latest cards and inspirations.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards...can see why you were asked to join the team - look forward to working with you ;o)

cgn53@frontier.com said...

I love your style! And my guess is for Art Journey also! thanks so much for sharing your creativity!

Regina de Koning said...

Wow, very nicely done. The butterfly card is wonderful. Please feel free to also have a look at my blog. Good luck.

Sija said...

Wonderful cards Deborah!

Pam Hornschu said...

That butterfly card is gorgeous, love the glitters and that background!

Ashley Newell said...

Your work is really really beautiful! Congrats on your good news! Thanks for playing along with the EtsyInspired challenge this week!

Anonymous said...

Hi Deborah,
I'm not sure which of these beautiful cards is for the Papertake Weekly challenge but I loved seeing them! Congrats on your DT position.

whoistracy said...

What gorgeous cards! Love all the texture you added. So glad you could join us on Card Patterns.

anja curvers said...

Gorgeous cards glad you joined us at cardpatterns this week.

~amy~ said...

all your cards are wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!