Thursday, January 6, 2011

Love, love, love...and other things...

“Love is all you need...” the older I get, the more these words ring true. Then again, I suppose a little CASH is a great accompaniment to living well. ;) I’m about to embark on a major change in my life, and working on these cards has reminded me of how fortunate I am to have such a supportive, loving family, and friends who enrich my life, in so many ways. Life is GOOD.

I created this first card for free themes over at Dream it Up, Fab and Funky and Papertake Weekly. I paste embossed the “Love” from the Dreamweaver “Love, Honor, Cherish” stencil with Dreamweaver black matte embossing paste, and layered that with four assorted Nesties. The embossed border is from Ms Martha, and the butterfly stamp is from Hero Arts. I used Tulip® Glam it Up™ Iron On Crystals™ on the border, glued on with Aleene's® Paper Glaze™, both by iLovetoCreate™. I glue the layers on my cards with Aleene’s® Crystal Clear Tacky Spray.™



The very first Impression Obsession Challenge for 2011
is “All you need is love!” The design team is having fun showing off some of the new images that will soon be released by Impression Obsession during Winter CHA later this month. You can read all about our challenge right here. Remember, there's a $25 gift certificate to the IO Store for some lucky stamper.

I decided to focus on some of the wonderful new IO sentiment stamps. Although these aren’t available at your local stamp shop yet, they soon will be. I’m always looking for sentiments to fit different occasions, and I’m just tickled pink with all the new IO beauties!

For this card, I stamped the sentiment on a background done with Ecoline watercolour inks mixed with a little water and Winsor & Newton Iridescent Medium for shine, sprayed from a Ranger Mini Mister over a flourish mask on Arches watercolour paper. I cut it with Spellbinders Labels 8, then added Spellbinders Shapeabilities Fleur de Lis and Tulip crystals as embellishments. The Creative Card Crew challenge is “new beginnings;” this card will be going in the post to a dear friend who’s recovering from a catastrophic illness.

What a wonderful sentiment:

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive-to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

The Wednesday Stamper challenge is "Dream Big." This sentiment helps me do just that!

This next card also uses one of the new IO sentiments, along with an old favourite IO flourish stamp, thermal embossed with Top Boss Gold embossing powder. I combined Spellbinders Nesties with a couple of Martha Stewart punches and added a few Kaisercraft flat back pearls.


All the IO designers have participated in this challenge...you can link to their eye candy on the right sidebar...you'll be happy you did!

The Cute Card Thursday challenge is "Out with the old." This is a card I did to match a stamped candle, posted here on my blog on Dec. 23rd. I used this Quietfire Design rubber stamp, paired with a Norman Rockwell image.


This card is done for Art Journey's challenge # 5...embossing. I used this lovely Art Journey floral stamp from this "Nature 3" stamp sheet, and this sentiment from the "Roses" stamp sheet. I really LIKE the crisp, graphic feel of this card!

These cards actually aren't for any challenges, but they use Art Journey stamps too, and were published in the current issue of "Just Cards," so I decided to post them to show you a little more of the Art Journey beauties. The shop is in the Netherlands, and the stamps are a great value...sold in unmounted sheets...stop by to see their wonderful designs!


So that's all for today. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit. I wish you the pleasure of time spent doing what you love!

30 comments:

Willy said...

Fabulous artwork, Deborah! Thanks for joining us at Art Journey Challenge # 5.

Lynell Harlow / Dreamweaver Stencils said...

Each one of these cards is so special...I think I am speechless Deborah! You have been very busy...I thank God for you and your creative energy.

Kristi said...

very nice on the Love card! I really love all the cards posted! Great job!

georgia Sommers said...

Deborah...do you ever sleep girl? Every single one of these cards are great. I don't know where you find the time to create so many beautiful cards.

heidy said...

Oh wow ,these are all gorgeous!!!
Thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week.
X Heidy

Marlou McAlees said...

these are all stunning cards :)

Laura said...

I really liked that you used the butterfly for the love card. I tend to get in a rut and always use hearts. Thanks for the inspiration!

~*~Patty S said...

so many lovely creations...you have me hearing The Beatles now thank you very much ;)

Love the inspirational quote on your Dream BIG WS card

all the best to you and yours in the this new year
oxo

Merry said...

Such lovely work...love all the frames and flourishes.

Marijane said...

Wow! These cards are all just gorgeous! Where ever do you find the time?

Godelieve said...

Wonderful elegant cards Deborah! Really your style!
Congrats on being published!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards Deborah! I love those wonderful sentiments!

Femmy said...

fantastic works Deborah!!

Sue said...

What beautiful cards, you have the gift of combining colours beautifully and knowing when enough is just perfect x

jaine drake said...

What gorgeous cards.

Louise said...

WOW, you have been busy! Beautiful cards. Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

tiggertastic said...

My god you are one hell of a creative lady, i love each and every one of your makes, your work has be buzzing with ideas

wishing you good luck in the challanges and an enjoyable weekend

sarah x

Ginny said...

fab cards, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Gillian .... said...

Fantastic selection of work Deborah.

SherylH said...

Wow -- your cards are gorgeous!! I love visiting your blog (though I am very remiss in leaving comments)except then I end up surfing to other sites that you link to and before I know it, the afternoon is gone. Thanks for sharing your work and contributing to my wishlist.

Sija said...

Fabulous art work Deborah! Thanks for joining us.

Willy de Bruijne said...

Great!!!

Anonymous said...

great cards

Rika said...

Beautiful cards deborah!

Jeannette said...

Fnatstic artworrk,i love yyuor xrads.

Hugs Jeannette

Anonymous said...

that's an elegant card and a great quote

Silvia(Barnie) said...

You've been very creative, wonderful pieces of art.

xxx Myra xxx said...

very nice!!

Corine van Kuilenburg said...

Beautiful cards! I like the one you made for the challenge. Thank you voor joining.

Art Journey said...

Great work Deborah!!!